The Chief Compliance Officer will oversee Corporate Compliance Programs, functioning as an independent and objective body that reviews and evaluates compliance issues/concerns within our client organisation.
The position ensures the Board of Directors, management and employees are in compliance with the rules and regulations of regulatory agencies, that company policies and procedures are being followed, and that behaviour in the organisation meets the company’s Standards of Conduct.
- Develops, initiates, maintains, and revises policies and procedures for the general operation of Compliance Programs and its related activities to prevent illegal, unethical, or improper conduct.
- Manages day-to-day operation of the Program.
- Develops and periodically reviews and updates Standards of Conduct to ensure continuing currency and relevance in providing guidance to management and employees.
- Responds to alleged violations of rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and Standards of Conduct by evaluating or recommending the initiation of investigative procedures. Develops and oversees a system for uniform handling of such violations.
- Acts as an independent review and evaluation body to ensure that compliance Issues/concerns within the organisation are being appropriately evaluated, investigated and resolved.
- Identifies potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk; develops/implements corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues, and provides general guidance on how to avoid or deal with similar situations in the future.
- Ensures proper reporting of violations or potential violations to duly authorised enforcement agencies as appropriate and/or required.
- Monitors the performance of Compliance Programs and relates activities on a continuing basis, taking appropriate steps to improve its effectiveness.
A Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s desired.
CISM or CISSP are desirable. SC/CHECK are an advantage.
Minimum of 5 years of experience working in the area of compliance or information security management.
Familiarity with general IT security, operational, quality assurance, and human resource procedures and regulations is a must.
Experience with ISO27001, FSA, PCI DSS is highly desirable.
Market leading salary and benefits dependent upon experience.